Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ruthie's Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

Follow Me on Pinterest
I LOVE Beef Stroganoff.  I fell in love with it when I was a young girl and am still in love with it todayIt was my birthday dinner every single year.   I grew up with the version of it that uses the seasoning packet.  I think it's McCormick's Beef Stroganoff that we used.  That was easy and delicious.  (Right, Lee Ann?  Inside joke with one of my sisters.)  

My dear husband had been asking for Beef Stroganoff lately so I pulled out my handy dandy cookbook and set to work.  

One year my friend Julie had me over for dinner and she had prepared my favorite dinner.  I was delighted to learn it was a Beef Stroganoff crockpot recipe and was even SIMPLER than the packet version.  She got the recipe from her mom Ruth and when I was compiling our favorite recipes into a cookbook, it definitely made the cut.

This recipe is seriously so simple and takes very little ingredients or time.   Feel free to make your guests feel like you worked harder than you did preparing it though. 

Ruthie's Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:
1 Beef Roast
2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cans French Onion Soup
Sour Cream
Kluski Noodles

Cut your roast into small bite size pieces. Dredge in flour and brown in skillet with a little oil.

Place browned meat in crockpot.  Add the soups and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours or cook in a casserole dish in oven at 325
degrees for approx. 1-1 1/2 hrs or until meat is tender. 

Approximately, 30 minutes before serving, add sour cream if desired.  Pour over cooked Noodles.

This is a delicious recipe, easy to make and hardly any cleanup!  You don't even have to wait until your birthday to enjoy it. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us...